Cushion or princess cut?

Sunday, September 13, 2015


There was a period of time when I was fixated on knowing the type of ring that I wanted to get when I was proposed to.

I remember researching on the different types of cut available for the "grand" stone on the ring, the kind of mineral stones in the market, the sort of materials that could be used to make the band and most importantly... the design of the ring!

I flitted between blue mineral stone and white diamonds for the grand stone.

I contemplated between a cushion cut or a princess cut.

I couldn't make up my mind on whether white gold or platinum would make a better material for the band. But one thing is for sure, yellow gold is out. No offence to anyone, but I find that colour to be outdated.

I was so sure about not wanting yellow gold that when I made the ultimate decision to leave the design of the ring (including the grand stone and its cutting) up to H to decide, that was the only request that I had for him - my thought was so loud that I didn't even have to voice it out as he said it for me before I even could, "No yellow gold right?"!

Damn right you are hubby!

I was terrified of having to wear a horribly simple and original wedding band for the rest of my life. But then again, I was even more terrified that he wouldn't even think of tying me down because the idea of getting me the object of the proposal was too complicated and confusing!

Therefore I am gonna leave the heavy burden of getting me the perfect ring up to him. I'm sure that what ever ring he gets me in the end, it wouldn't be plain and boring. To the guy who remembered to instruct the ban mian stall auntie to scatter my egg so as to have it fully cooked, I have absolute faith in him!

Besides it adds to the mystery too. The type of ring he gets me would signify how much he knows me, and what he thinks of me! Right right right?

Yes I know I'm right, or at least that is how I console myself.

No comments :

Post a Comment